Global market for agricultural films is expected to reach USD 10.5 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing population and decreasing area of land available for agricultural purpose are expected to remain key driving factors for the market. Government regulations regarding use of plastic materials and impact of plastic on nature are expected to slow down the market growth.
Mulching emerged as a leading application segment and accounted for 44.3% of total market volume in 2013. It was closely followed by green house, which is also expected to be fastest growing application market, growing at an estimated CAGR of 6.1% from 2014 to 2020. Silage has been relatively nascent application segment and is also expected to grow at relatively sluggish rate.
Request to Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/agricultural-films-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global market for agricultural films was 4,651.7 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected reach 6,935.7 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2014 to 2020. Use of agricultural films in green house segment was highest revenue generator in 2013 and was closely followed by mulching.
- Linear Low Density Polyethylene was most dominating raw material for agricultural films segment and accounted for 55.3% of total market volume in 2013. LLDPE is also expected to be the fastest growing raw material segment, expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2014 to 2020 and is expected to contribute over 50% of total revenues from agricultural films market in 2020.
- EVA/EBA is a promising raw material segment for agricultural films market, presently contributing to less than 5% of total market volume in 2013; it is expected to see significant gains over the next six years.
- China retained its maximum share in total volume of agricultural films market and accounted for 61.7% of total market volume in 2013. China is also expected to be the fastest growing market, expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- Global market for Agricultural films is fragmented within many companies including BP industries, Trioplast, ExxonMobil, Armando Alvarez, Group Barbier, Ab Rani Plast Oy, Britton Group, Novamont, BASF, Kuraray and many others. BP industries holds maximum individual market share which accounted for 6.5% of total market share for agricultural films in 2013. Innovations such as biodegradable agricultural films are expected to fuel market growth.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the Agricultural Films market on the basis of application and region:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, the company offers market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries including technology, chemicals, materials, healthcare and energy.
For More Information, Visit Grand View Research
Corporate Sales Specialist, U.S.A.
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Blog Site: http://www.mediafound.org/