Bauxite ore is the world largest naturally occurring source of aluminum, with over 90% of global volume obtained by processing bauxite. Alumina is aluminum oxide which is an intermediate product during the manufacturing of aluminum from bauxite. Australia and China are the largest producers of bauxite with a combined production of over 110 million metric tons in 2012. However, production in countries such as India and Indonesia has been on the rise and Asia pacific accounted for over 45% of global production in 2012 as compared to 16% ten years ago. The increase in non captive bauxite volume has resulted in increased bauxite trading and shipping leading to varying market dynamics.
Browse Detailed Market Research Reports @ http://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/alumina-and-bauxite-market-size-industry-trends-and-forecast-2013-2019/
Bauxite and alumina are primarily consumed in the manufacturing of aluminum. However, owing to their distinct physical and chemical properties, they are used in a variety of other applications. Calcined alumina, synthetic corundum of bauxite, is extensive used as an abrasive material in polishing material and sand papers. Sintered bauxite is also used as a proppant in oil fields in order to maintain oil pressure during the drilling process. Alumina is used as filler in plastics because of its chemical inertness and white color. Alumina is also used as an industrial catalyst in a host of reactions and also as a purification agent. The other applications of alumina include paints, composite fibers and abrasive among others.
Key regional markets analyzed and reported in this study include:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse All Reports of This Category @ http://www.hexaresearch.com/research-category/bulk-chemicals/
Critical elements of the report include:
- Industry dynamics
- Market challenges and opportunities
- Technology & regulatory trends
- Market estimate and forecast
- Regional trends
- Competitive trends
Why should you buy this report?
- This report provides comprehensive analysis of the market including Porter’s and SWOT analysis
- Complete identification and analysis of key industry dynamics including drivers, restraints, raw material trends and buyer behavior
- The study provides technology landscape and regulatory trends for building strategy
- Global and regional market estimates and forecast on volume and revenue basis for multiple market segments
- Detailed competitive landscape of the market, with profiles of key companies
About Hexa Research:
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
For more details contact us: