The antibiotics market is expected to reach USD 57.0 billion by 2024, according to the new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising prevalence of infectious diseases especially in developing regions such as Asia Pacific and MEA is anticipated to contribute towards market growth.
More than 15.0% of the deaths, in children below the age of five, are estimated to be due to pneumonia and according to the statistics provided by the WHO about 9.2 million deaths were recorded in 2015. Similar to tuberculosis, the highest prevalence of the disease is identified to be in the South Asian and Sub-Saharan regions. Currently, the required antibiotic treatment is available only to one third of the infected population, thereby increasing the disease burden.
Government reforms specific to antibiotics such as the Generating Antibiotics Incentives Now (GAIN) Act in the U.S. are projected to help market growth over the forecast period. This further expected facilitate development of advanced drugs.
On the contrary, uncertain regulatory policies are likely to hinder the growth of this vertical impacting market growth significantly. In 2013, the U.S. FDA revised the guidance for registration trials for drugs used in the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections. The guidance states the use of short term measures of anti-infective efficacy (percent reduction in lesion size at 48 to 72 hours) as opposed to long term measures such as resolution of infection at 10-14 days, which is termed as Test to Cure or TOC.
Browse full research report on Global Antibiotics Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/antibiotic-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- Antibiotic segment including tetracyclines, imidazoles, lincosamides and monoclonal antibodies held commanding share in 2015 and are also anticipated to grow at a lucrative growth rate over the forecast period
- Development of monoclonal antibodies for antibiotic resistant microorganism is key highlight of this segment. Increasing incidences of pneumonia, blood stream infections, and urinary tract infections (UTI) are anticipated to foster the usage of carbapenems class of antibiotics.
- Cell wall synthesis inhibitors dominated the mechanism outlook in 2015. Majority of the antibiotics such as penicillins, cephalosporins and carbapenems forms the cell wall synthesis inhibitor class.
- RNA synthesis inhibitors as well as folic acid synthesis inhibitors are anticipated to witness healthy growth over the forecast period. Development of several antiviral drugs which inhibit transcription and reverse transcription process are anticipated to support the growth. Folic acid inhibitor sulfa drugs are anticipated to grow as they have wide application scope.
- Asia Pacific on account of huge population base, high prevalence of infectious diseases, regulation reforms and greater usage of generic medicine held commanding share in 2015.
- Latin America, especially Brazil with strong growth in pharmaceutical sector is also projected to exhibit remunerative growth. Outbreak of certain viruses such as Ebola in African region also contributed towards the significant growth of MEA region.
- Some of the key players in this vertical are Pfizer, Inc., Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Sanofi, Novartis AG, Bayer AG, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Eli Lilly and Company and Astellas Pharma, Inc.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/pharmaceuticals
Grand View Research has segmented the antibiotics market on the basis of drug class and region:
Global Antibiotics Drug Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
Global Mechanism Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Cell Wall Synthesis Inhibitors
- Protein Synthesis Inhibitors
- DNA Synthesis Inhibitors
- RNA Synthesis Inhibitors
- Mycolic Acid Inhibitors
Antibiotics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-antibiotic-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc