The global market for biosurfactants is expected to reach USD 2,308.8 million by 2020. Escalating consumer preference towards the use of bio-based products, particularly in Europe and North America is expected to increase biosurfactant penetration. In addition, stringent regulatory policies are further expected to augment the biosurfactant demand over the next six years. Methyl Ester Sulfonate (MES) was the largest consumed biosurfactant, accounting for 33.26% of the 344 kilo ton global market in 2013. Its superior properties in terms of foaming and stability as compared to other surfactants make it ideally suited for use in household detergents. Other key biosurfactants include Alkyl Polyglucosides (APG), Sorbitan Esters and Sucrose Esters, with combined demand estimated at 115 kilo tons in 2013.
For more details, click here:http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/biosurfactants-market-analysis-by-product-rhamnolipids-sophorolipids-mes-apg-sorbitan-esters-sucrose-esters-and-segment-forecast-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The global biosurfactant market is expected to reach 462 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2014 to 2020.
- Household detergent was the largest application segment, consuming 153.5 kilo tons of biosurfactants in 2013. Growing demand for sustainable products in cleaning applications is expected to boost the demand for biosurfactants over the forecast period.
- Personal care applications are expected to gain significant share owing to the growing market for these products in Asia Pacific. In addition, growing consumer awareness regarding benefits of bio-based personal care products is expected to have a positive influence on the market.
- The demand for biosurfactants in personal care is expected to reach 50.7 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Europe was the largest regional market for biosurfactants, with consumption of 178.9 kilo tons in 2013. High consumer awareness and demand for bio-based products is a key reason for the high penetration of biosurfactants.
- Asia Pacific was a relatively small market in 2013 but is expected to gain significant share over the next six years owing to the presence of large manufacturing industries in the region.
- The global biosurfactants market is consolidated with the top five companies catering to nearly 90% of global demand. Key players in the market include BASF Cognis, Ecover, Urumqui Unite, Saraya and MG Intobio.
For more reports of this category, click here:http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Executive Summary
1.1 Biosurfactants – Industry Summary & Critical Success Factors (CSFs)
Chapter 2 Biosurfactants Industry Outlook
2.1 Market Segmentation
2.2 Market Size and Growth Prospects
2.3 Biosurfactants Value Chain Analysis
2.4 Biosurfactants Market Dynamics
2.4.1 Market driver analysis
184.108.40.206 Growing personal care industry in emerging countries
220.127.116.11 Environmental concerns regarding the use of synthetic surfactants
18.104.22.168 Increased consumer preference toward the use of bio products
2.4.2 Market restraint analysis
22.214.171.124 Cost competency in comparison to synthetic surfactants
126.96.36.199 Availability of feedstock
2.5 Key Opportunities Prioritized
2.6 Industry Analysis – Porter’s
2.7 Biosurfactants – Company Market Share Analysis
2.8 Biosurfactants – PESTEL Analysis
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras
Phone: (415) 349-0054