The global brain tumor diagnosis and therapeutics market is expected to reach USD 773.1 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to pose lucrative growth over the forecast period, owing to increasing incidence of various brain cancers, particularly glioblastoma, coupled with rising geriatric population.
Increasing Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) in the health sector, which are modernizing diagnostic imaging and radiology services, are supporting the expansion of this industry. Emerging technologies like Sodium Magnetic Resonance Imaging(23Na MRI), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), and Chemical Exchange Saturation Transfer (CEST) are used to detect the response of brain tumors in multicenter clinical trial settings. In addition, these technologies are helpful in quantitatively imaging tumor response to therapies, thereby promoting their use during treatment.
These technologies have the potential to extend MRI beyond anatomical imaging by providing information on physiology and cellular metabolism, thereby increasing the efficiency of diagnosis. Hence, the market is expected to witness productive growth over the forecast period.
Moreover, ongoing research in molecular diagnostics to understand cell biology at cellular level of malignancy and identification of gene mutations associated with malignancy is anticipated to significantly contribute toward the growth of the industry.
On the other hand, high cost of diagnosing brain tumors, which ranges from USD 450 to 12,200, is likely to hinder the growth of the global brain tumor diagnosis market.
Browse full research report on Global Brain Tumor Diagnosis And Therapeutics Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/brain-tumor-diagnosis-and-therapeutics-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- CT scan segment held a lucrative revenue share in 2015 and is also likely to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period
- Chemotherapy is anticipated to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to presence of a large research pipeline by the industry players.
- North America is expected to dominate the brain tumor diagnosis and therapeutics market, owing to developed healthcare infrastructure coupled with rising awareness regarding advanced technologies amongst the population in this region. In addition, increasing consumer disposable income supported by healthcare insurance and reimbursement policies in the U.S. is expected to spur growth.
- Some of the key players for the brain tumor diagnosis and therapeutics market are GE Healthcare; Hitachi, Ltd.; Philips Healthcare; Siemens Healthineers; Toshiba Corporation; Fujifilm Corporation; Shimadzu Corporation; Carestream Health; Merck & Co.; Astra Zeneca; Bristol Myer Squibb; Novartis; and Roche Diagnostics.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the global brain tumor diagnosis and therapeutics market on the basis of type, therapeutics, and region:
Brain Tumor Diagnosis Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- CT Scan
- Tissue Sampling
- PET-CT Scan
- Cerebral Arteriogram
- Lumbar Puncture
- Molecular Testing
Brain Tumor Therapeutics Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
Brain Tumor Diagnosis and Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-brain-tumor-diagnosis-therapeutics-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc