The global cellulose fibers market size is expected to reach USD 29.6 billion by 2020, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Shift in trend towards adoption of biodegradable fabrics is expected to remain a key driving factor for global cellulose fiber market. Stable growth of textile industry, particularly in Asia Pacific and Africa is also expected to have a positive influence on market growth. Availability of raw materials coupled with technological advancement in manufacturing processes is anticipated to fuel the product demand.
Volatile wood prices are expected to remain a key challenge for market participants. To overcome challenges, industry participants have shifted their focus towards producing bio-based alternatives to synthetic cellulose fibers.
Clothing was the leading application segment and accounted for over 60% of total market volume in 2013. This segment is expected to gain share over the next six years on account of growing textile industry in emerging economies such as India, China, and Brazil. This is anticipated to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period.
Browse full research report on Global Cellulose Fibers Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cellulose-fibers-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global cellulose fiber market demand was 5,400.1 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 8.1% from 2014 to 2020
- Replacement of cotton with high-quality cellulose fibers are anticipated to create new avenues for market participants. Rigid forestry policies coupled with volatile wood pulp prices are expected to hinder market growth over the forecast period. In addition, stringent regulatory standards regarding environmental concerns have an adverse impact on the production cost.
- Fabrics are anticipated to witness above average growth over the next six years and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% from 2014 to 2020. Rising demand for skin and environment-friendly fabric is expected to drive the market over next six years.
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market and accounted for over 45% of total market volume in 2013. Growth of textile industry on account favorable governmental policies in China and India is expected to drive regional growth over the forecast period. Asia Pacific is also expected to witness the highest growth of 8.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Some key industry participants operating in the global cellulose fibers market include Aoyang, Daicel Corporation, Lenzing, Fulida, Tangshan, Indo Bharat, and Thai Rayon.
Read detailed report or request for sample of this research report:
Grand View Research has segmented the cellulose fibers market on the basis of application and region:
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Spun Yarn
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/renewable-chemicals
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc