The global dental X-ray market size is expected to reach USD 2.4 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The dental X-ray market is anticipated to witness lucrative growth during the period 2016 – 2024. This growth is attributed to a majority of factors concerning the prevalence of oral diseases worldwide.
The key factors contributing to the growth of this vertical are thesurgingincidence of dental diseases, rising demand for dental digital X-rays in oral disease treatments, numerous technological advancements that have revolutionized the obsoleteimaging modalities, and other demographic determinants. However, the high cost of digital radiography systems is expected to restrain the growth of the sector.
The dental X-ray market has been classified by type, product, and application. By type, the market is classified into digital and analog. On the basis of product, it is distinguished by intraoral and extraoral X-ray systems with intraoral being the most common type of dental imaging system in use. The intraoral segment is further classified into bitewing, occlusal, and periapical.The extra-oral radiography systems are of two types, namely panoramic and conebeam computed tomography. On the basis of applications, this categoryis classified asdiagnostic and therapeutic, cosmetic, and forensic dentistry areas.
Browse full research report on Global Dental X-Ray Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dental-x-ray-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- As of 2015, in North America, the U.S. is estimated to be the highest grossing market due to the high prevalence of oral and gum-related diseasesin the region.
- Digital X-ray systems are gaining significant popularity, though analog systems continue to exist at large. The digital sensor technology segment has already been studied to be growing at a rapid pace owing to the huge necessity and demand for technologically advanced products in the U.S. market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period. This growth is expected due to the steep rise in the healthcare spending in countries including China and India.
- The Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) segment has recorded the highest growth rate among all other extraoral radiography systems. They have been outstripping the growth of extraoral systems, such as cephalometric and panoramic systems, ascribable to its ability to provide images with increased clarity of contrasting structures, thus allowing better diagnosis.
- The industry comprises several local as well as global players. Some of the major players of this industry include Sirona Dental Systems, Inc., Planmeca Oy, Carestream Health, Inc., and Danaher Corporation.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the dental X-ray market on the basis of product, type, application, and region:
Product (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
Type (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Intraoral X-rays
- Extraoral X-rays
Application (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-dental-x-ray-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc