The global dissolved gas analyzer market is estimated to reach a valuation of USD 1.11 billion by 2024 according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The augmented demand to monitor the transformer health in order to increase operational efficiency is expected to significantly fuel the adoption of the product over the forecast period. Dissolved gas analyzers are primarily utilized to identify faults in the power transformers positioned at an early stage. This enables energy companies (utilities) to establish maintenance programs meant for repairing, avoiding faults, and extending the durability of power transformers.
The growing awareness pertaining to the fault probability of high-voltage transformers, paired with the high cost of replacing depreciating transformers, has significantly escalated the product demand. Stringent safety and efficiency regulations imposed by the government of developed countries, such as the U.S., has instigated power transformer users to adopt dissolved gas analyzers. Additionally, the rising adoption of online Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA), owing to benefits including the remote and continuous monitoring of transformer health, is expected to catapult the market growth over the forecast period.
The Digital Gas Analyzer (DGA) market is characterized by several technological trends. The surging demand for safe power transformers impels industrialists to innovate and find better technological solutions to fulfill the unmet needs of customers. For instance, in February 2013, Qualitrol introduced the new QNet4100 intelligent system for the alarm management and discrete event monitoring. With the widespread adoption of Industrial Internet of Thing (IIoT), a high level of automation may be witnessed in the entire fault detection process in the energy sector. Furthermore, the snowballing deployment of smart grid in the U.S., UK, Germany, China, and India would drive the adoption of gas analyzers to detect fault over the forecast period.
Browse full research report on Global Dissolved Gas Analyzer Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dissolved-gas-analyzer-dga-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- On the basis of extraction type, the headspace extraction segment is anticipated to witness a robust growth at a far exceeding 14% over the forecast period. This can be attributed to the low risk of operator error from excessive handling of the sample during injection and preparation. In addition to this, the advantage of automating the process associated with this technique is also one of the key factors for the growth in the revenue of this particular segment. Vacuum extraction accounted for the majority market share in 2015 owing to the early development of this extraction technique
- The power rating segment comprises 100-500 MVA, 501-800 MVA, and 801-1200 MVA DGA devices. The 100-500 MVA power rating gas analyzers segment accounted for more than 60% of the overall revenue share in 2015 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of more than 12% over the forecast period. The low price and low maintenance costs associated with these devices are one of the primary factors for the adoption of dissolved gas analyzers with these ratings
- On the basis of analysis type, the laboratory services segment accounted for over 35% of the overall revenue share in 2015. This is primarily attributed to the snowballing R&D investments for developing innovative and efficient methods for aging diagnostics. Furthermore, the growing emphasis by utilities on avoiding failures and lowering the maintenance cost is expected to drive the comprehensive DGA monitoring segment growth over the coming years
- The Asia-Pacific dissolved gas analyzers market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of more than 13% over the next eight years; this is due to the increased government spending in the industrial infrastructure projects as well as power transformers in order to expand the power capacity to meet the electricity shortage particularly across the emerging economies including India, China, and Indonesia. North America is expected to grow at a moderate pace mainly due to the escalating need to detect faults among the newly installed transformers paired with the growing demand for increasing the lifespan of the old transformers
- Notable players in the industry include ABB Ltd., Doble Engineering, General Electric, LumaSense Technologies, Morgan Schaffer Inc., Siemens, and Weidmann. The industry is technology driven and continuously evolving. Prominent industry players invest heavily in R&D activities for new product development and product enhancement in order to gaina competitive advantage.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/electronic-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the dissolved gas analyzers market on the basis of extraction type, power rating, analysis type, and region:
Dissolved Gas Analyzers Extraction Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Vacuum Extraction or Rack Method
- Head Space Extraction
- Stripper Column Method
- Others (Multiple Gas extractor)
Dissolved Gas Analyzers Power Rating Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- 100 – 500 MVA
- 501 – 800 MVA
- 801 – 1200 MVA
Dissolved Gas Analyzers Analysis Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Smoke Alarms
- Early Warning DGA Monitoring
- Comprehensive DGA Monitoring
- Laboratory Services
- Database Software
- Portable DGA Devices
Dissolved Gas Analyzers Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-dissolved-gas-analyzer-dga-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Read our blogs – ni2014.org, grandviewresearch.com/blogs/semiconductors-and-electronics