The global fertilizer additives market is projected to reach USD 3.94 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing fertilizer industry and shrinking arable land are projected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Additives are added to fertilizers in order to inhibit the loss of key nutrients such as nitrogen phosphorus, potassium, and sulfur, among others. The additives, which are available in both, solid and liquid forms, are used during storage and transportation of fertilizers.
Anti-caking was the most popular function of additives in 2015. Caking of fertilizers is one of the major problems faced by farmers, retailers and manufacturers, particularly during rains. Change in storage temperatures also results in caking. Additives are used to overcome these challenges.
Browse full research report on Global Fertilizer Additives Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fertilizer-additives-market
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Urea dominated the end product segment in 2015 with a share of 55.6%. it is widely used globally, since it contains the highest amount of nitrogen among all fertilizers. Factors such as shrinking arable land have increased the importance of products such as urea and ammonium nitrate, which help in cultivation in a short span of time, in limited available land.
- Anti-caking dominated the function segment in 2015. This segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 3.7 over the forecast period. Additives are used to avoid the formation of lumps in fertilizers, enabling safe storage and transportation.
- Asia Pacific led the global market with a share of 58.8% in 2015. This region is home to some of the emerging countries such as China and India. The market in India, where, agriculture is the primary occupation, is projected to drive the market from 2016 to 2024.
- The weather in this part of the world gets hot and humid during summer, which can lead to caking and loss of essential nutrients in fertilizers. Thus, additives are expected to play an important role in maintaining the quality of fertilizers in this region.
- Clariant, KAO Corporation, Novochem Group, and ChemSol, LLC are some of the key manufacturers of additives. Other players include Filtra Catalysts & Chemicals Ltd., Solvay, Arrmaz, Chemipol, Forbon Technology, Michelman, Tolsa Group, and Amit Trading Ltd.
- The companies adopted various development strategies such as new product developments, expansions, mergers & acquisitions, and agreements, partnerships, & joint ventures to establish themselves as market leaders and expand their global reach.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/agrochemicals-and-fertilizers
Grand View Research has segmented the global fertilizer additives market on the basis of application and region:
Fertilizer Additives Function Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Hydrophobic Agents
- Anti-dusting Agents
- Anti-caking Agents
- Others (Anti-foaming Agents and Coating Agents)
Fertilizer Additives End Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Ammonium Nitrate
- Ammonium Phosphate
- Ammonium Sulfate
- Others (Monoammonium Phosphate, Triple Super Phosphate)
Fertilizer Additives Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-fertilizer-additives-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc