The global market for glycolic acid is expected to reach USD 277.8 million by 2020. Glycolic acid is being increasingly used as an active ingredient in personal care products such as haircare and skincare. The growing consumer awareness regarding the benefits of glycolic acid as an anti oxidizing and exfoliating product is expected to fuel demand over the forecast period. In addition, glycolic acid is used in the manufacturing of polyglycolic acid (PGA), used for the manufacturing of absorbable sutures for healthcare applications. Growing standard of healthcare in emerging economies is expected to result in increased demand for these sutures which in turn would boost the demand for glycolic acid.
For more details about this report, click here:http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/glycolic-acid-market-analysis-by-application-personal-care-household-cleaning-industrial-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Personal care products were the largest application segment accounting for over 30,000 tons of glycolic acid consumption in 2013. Exfoliation and anti-ageing properties of glycolic acid make them ideally suited for use in hair care and skincare products. Growing disposable income and changing lifestyle are expected to play a key role in augmenting demand for glycolic acid based personal care products.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- North America was the largest regional market for glycolic acid, owing to high use of glycolic acid based personal care products, with market revenue estimated at USD 44.82 million in 2013.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth, at an estimated CAGR of 11.5% from 2014 to 2020, owing to changing lifestyle in emerging markets of China and India resulting in higher adoption and utilization of haircare and skincare products.
- Glycolic acid is used in the manufacturing of PGA, which is a key raw material for absorbable sutures.
- The growing preference of absorbable sutures in developed nations is expected to increase demand for glycolic acid in this segment.
For more reports of this category by Radiant Insights, visit here:http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global Glycolic Acid market on the basis of application, product and region:
Glycolic Acid Applications Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Personal Care
- Household Cleaningo Industrial
- Others (PGA)
Glycolic Acid Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, Visit: http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras
Phone: (415) 349-0054
Address: 28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States