The global commercial seaweed market is expected to reach USD 22.13 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing demand for food products derived from seaweeds is expected to augment the global commercial seaweed market growth over the forecast period.
The increasing application of seaweeds in the medical & healthcare, animal feed, and fertilizers sector is also projected to boost the future market growth. Industrial acceptance of seaweed extracts such as alginate, agar, and carrageenan is expected to spur market growth over the forecast period.
Browse full research report on Global Commercial Seaweed Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/commercial-seaweed-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global commercial seaweeds market was valued at USD 10.31 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 22.13 billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 8.9% from 2016 to 2024
- Red seaweed emerged as the leading product segment and accounted for 52.5% of total market revenue in 2015. Red seaweeds are also projected to grow at the highest CAGR on account of its functional qualities, easy accessibility, and its application in almost all industrial sectors.
- Most of the commercial seaweeds are consumed in liquid form, and the segment accounted for 52.0% of total market revenue in 2015. The demand for seaweeds in the form of liquid is projected to grow on account of its ease of application and its growing industrial demand.
- Human consumption emerged as the leading application segment and accounted for 81% of total revenue in 2015. The segment is also expected to witness the highest growth of 9.0% over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific dominated the commercial seaweed market with demand share exceeding 80% in 2015. The growing demand for seaweeds in the food, cosmetics, medicine, fertilizers, and animal feed sector is anticipated to drive the market demand over the forecast period. Asia Pacific is also expected to witness the highest growth of 9.0% over the forecast period.
- Some leading companies operating in the commercial seaweeds market include Cargill, Inc., E.I. Du Pontde Nemours and Company, Roullier Group, Biostadt India Limited, Compo GmbH& Co. KG, Acadian Seaplants Limited, Gelymar SA, BrandT, Seasol International Pty. Ltd., and CP Kelco.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/animal-feed-and-feed-additives
Grand View Research has segmented the commercial seaweed market on the basis of product, form, application, and region:
Global Commercial Seaweed Market Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Brown Seaweeds
- Red Seaweeds
- Green Seaweeds
Global Commercial Seaweed Market Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
Global Commercial Seaweed Market Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Animal Feed
- Human Consumption
Global Commercial Seaweed Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-commercial-seaweed-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc