Increasing demand for plastic as a packaging material coupled with the growing packaging industry in Asia is expected to be a key factor driving market demand over the next six years. In addition, the growing need for weight reduction in automobiles is also expected to augment the demand for plastics as a substitute to metal which in turn is expected to increase the demand for injection molded ABS and polypropylene.
Volatile crude oil prices coupled with growing environmental concerns is expected to be a key issue for market participants. Packaging was the largest application segment of the market, accounting for over 30,000 kilo tons of demand in 2013. Growing preference towards plastics as packaging materials owing to their light weight and better aesthetics is expected to be a key factor driving the market over the forecast period.
For more details about this report, visit here:http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/injection-molded-plastics-market-polypropylene-abs-hdpe-polystyrene-analysis-by-application-packaging-consumables-and-electronics-automotive-building-and-construction-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global injection molded plastics market demand was 92,312 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 130,139.7 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR 5.0 % from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market for injection molded plastics, with market revenue of USD 70.18 billion in 2013.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth in demand, at an estimated CAGR of 5.4% from 2014 to 2020, owing to the increasing automotive and construction industry in the regionPolypropylene was the highest injection molded resin, with volume estimated at 32,836.1 kilo tons of demand in 2013.
- Growing demand for polypropylene in packaging is expected to be a key driver for the market. In addition, the growing demand for ABS in automotive industry is expected to boost demand over the forecast period.
- The injection molded plastics market is fragmented with large number of participants operating in the regional and global market. The key participants include Dow Chemicals, BASF, Exxon Mobil, DuPont, Lyondell Basell and SABIC among others.
For more reports of this category, click here:http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/plastics
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Executive Summary
1.1 Injection Molded Plastics – Industry Summary & Critical Success Factors (CSFs)
Chapter 2 Injection Molded Plastics Industry Outlook
2.1 Market Segmentation
2.2 Market Size and Growth Prospects
2.3 Injection Molded Plastics Value Chain Analysis
2.4 Injection Molded Plastics Market Dynamics
2.4.1 Market driver analysis
18.104.22.168 Growing automotive industry
22.214.171.124 Increasing demand for plastics in packaging industry
2.4.2 Market restraint analysis
126.96.36.199 Fluctuating cost of crude oil
2.5 Key Opportunities Prioritized
2.6 Industry Analysis – Porter’s
2.7 Injection Molded Plastics – PESTEL Analysis
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, Visit: http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras
Phone: (415) 349-0054