The global kombucha market is expected to reach USD 4.46 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing awareness of the health benefits associated with consuming probiotic drinks is projected to boost market demand over the forecast period.
Kombucha helps to control liver cell toxicity and aids in detoxification, digestion, and weight loss. It also improves immunity and acts like an energy drink. Some of the drivers influencing the market growth are the ease of manufacturing and rising demand for probiotic beverages.
Growing disposable income and the trend of maintaining a healthy diet intake has led to increasing demand for natural and organic beverages. North America occupied the largest market share in 2015 on account of a vast number of brewers operating in this region.
Companies such as Buchi Kombucha, GT’s Kombucha, Celestial Seasonings, and KeVita, Inc. have adopted expansion strategies to increase their presence in the market. Most of the companies have tie-ups with local retailers and health food stores such as Wal-Mart, Safeway, and Whole Food Market for the distribution of their products.
Browse full research report on Global Kombucha Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/kombucha-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast (SCOBY) is the key ingredient for the manufacture of fermented kombucha tea
- Fermented drinks have gained wide acceptance in the healthy beverages industry
- Consumers broadly prefer flavored kombucha drinks; this segment accounted for 68% of the market volume in 2015.
- Brewers have launched a variety of exotic flavors such as coconut & mango, pineapple-jalapeno, guava, and berry. Other flavors extracted from flowers, herbs, roots, and spices are also used in the beverage.
- Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR on account of the growing demand for probiotic beverages in China, Japan, and India
- Companies have partnered with large retail chains and other distributors to cater to the increasing demand in the U.S.
- Major companies identified in this industry include Buchi Kombucha, Cell-Nique Corporation, GT’s Kombucha, Hain Celestial Group, Red Bull GmbH, and Revive Kombucha among others
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/nutraceuticals-functional-foods-and-dietary-supplements
Grand View Research has segmented the kombucha market on the basis of flavor, distribution channel, and region:
Global Kombucha Flavor Outlook (Volume, Kilo Liters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
Global Kombucha Distribution Channel Outlook (Volume, Kilo Liters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Health stores
- Online stores
Global Kombucha Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Liters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America (CSA)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-kombucha-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc