The laboratory filtration market is expected to reach USD 3.6 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing number of target diseases such as water-borne diseases, immunodeficiency diseases, and cancer is anticipated to boost the market growth. The increasing use of filtration technologies such as microfiltration, nanofiltration, and ultrafiltration in water purification plants is expected to enhance growth in this sector.
Technological advancements in filtration products have resulted in an increase in the adoption rate of these products in clinical laboratories for research purposes. The products introduced provide benefits such high reliability, competency, and high throughput over the conventional methods. For instance, Merck Millipores millex syringe filters filter small-volume filtrates and these filters are ideally used for antibiotics and tissue culture additives.
Browse full research report on Global Laboratory Filtration Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/laboratory-filtration-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- The filtration media segment dominated this market in 2015, with a revenue share of over 40%.The large share is attributed to its cost-effective nature, higher efficiency, and reliability for industrial bioprocessing.
- Microfiltration assemblies dominated the assembly segment in 2015. Some of the benefits associated with microfilters such as easier availability, portability, and easier disposal make them the highly preferred technology.
- The microfiltration technology segment held the largest share in 2015, owing to the increasing application of microfiltration in industrial biotechnology and associated research.
- North America dominated the overall market with a revenue share of over 42% in 2015, owing to the presence of well-equipped laboratories for life science research, increasing investments in R&D, and the presence of government funding programs for laboratory filter membrane business owners.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing region with a CAGR of over 8.3%in the forecast period.Factors such as economic development, untapped market opportunities, new emerging market, and advancing healthcare system with the aid of supportive government initiatives are anticipated to assist in growth.
- The presence of major market players enhances the penetration of laboratory filtration product in the market. Some of the key players are Merck Millipore, Sigma-Aldrich, GE Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Sartorius Group, 3M Company, Cantel Medical Corporation, Macherey-Nagel Gmbh& Co. Kg.
- The key players are entering into collaborations such as mergers and acquisitions with other key players to increase their market share. For instance, in November 2015, Merck Millipore acquired Sigma-Aldrich to enhance its life science segment, and this business segment based in the U.S. is named as MilliporeSigma.
Read detailed report or request for sample of this research report:
Grand View Research has segmented the laboratory filtration market on the basis of product, technology, and region:
Global Laboratory Filtration Market Product Outlook, by Revenue (USD Million, 2015 – 2024)
- Filtration Media
- Membrane Filters
- Filter Paper
- Quartz Filter
- Cellulose Filter Papers
- Glass Microfiber Filter Papers
- Syringe Filters
- Syringeless Filters
- Capsule Filters
- Filtration Microplates
- Other Filtration Media
- Filtration Assemblies
- Ultrafiltration Assemblies
- Microfiltration Assemblies
- Vacuum Filtration Assemblies
- Reverse Osmosis Assemblies
- Other Filtration Assemblies
- Filtration Accessories
- Filter Holders
- Filter Dispensers
- Filter Flasks
- Cartridge Filters
- Filter Funnels
- Filter Housings
- Vacuum Pumps
- Other Laboratory Filtration Accessories
Global Laboratory Filtration Market Technology Outlook (USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Vacuum Filtration
- Reverse Osmosis
Laboratory Filtration Market Regional Outlook, by Revenue (USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/biotechnology
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc