Growth of major end use industries such as automotive and construction, mainly in Brazil and Argentina is expected to boost the demand for adhesives and sealants over the forecast period. In addition, increasing market penetration of adhesives in medical industry is also expected to drive have positive impact on demand over the next six years. However, volatility in raw material prices coupled with growing environmental concerns is expected to be a key challenge for market participants. Water-based adhesives emerged as the leading technology used in Latin America and accounted for 48.3% of total market volume in 2013. Regional market for solvent-based adhesives technology is expected to reach USD 225.4 million by 2020, growing at an estimated CAGR of 4% from 2014 to 2020.
For more details, visit @http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/latin-america-adhesives-and-sealants-market-analysis-by-technology-water-based-solvent-based-hot-melt-reactive-by-product-acrylic-pva-polyurethane-by-application-pressure-sensitive-applications-construction-automotive-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Latin American market for adhesives was 499.1 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 741.1 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2014 to 2020.
- The regional demand for sealants was 67.4 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 93.9 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.9% from 2014 to 2020.
- Acrylic adhesives emerged as the leading product segment and accounted for 38.2% of total market volume in 2013.
- Acrylic adhesives were followed by PVA adhesives which accounted for 27.9% of total regional consumption in 2013.
- On the other hand, silicone sealants dominated the regional sealants consumption and accounted for 31.1% of total market volume in 2013.
- Silicone sealants are also expected to be the fastest growing product segment in the Country at an estimated CAGR of 5.3% from 2014 to 2020.
- Pressure sensitive applications emerged as the leading application segment in the Country for adhesives and accounted for 26.9% of total market volume in 2013.
- However, furniture is expected to be the fastest growing application segment at an estimated CAGR of 6.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- On the other hand, construction dominated the regional sealants demand and accounted for 28.1% of total market volume in 2013.
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, Visit: http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras
Phone: (415) 349-0054
Address: 28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States