Radiant Insights, a leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research report, “Melanoma Therapeutics Market to 2020 – Rising Prevalence and Evolving Treatment Algorithms to Drive Market Growth”
Melanoma is a highly heterogeneous disease comprising Cutaneous Melanoma (CM), Ocular Melanoma (OM), Mucosal Melanoma (MM), melanoma of the internal organs, and, according to some classifications, melanoma of the soft parts (non-bony and non-cartilaginous tissues) of the body. CM is by far the most common form of melanoma, accounting for approximately 90-95% of all melanomas.
Historically, melanoma has been considered as a very challenging disease to treat with pharmacotherapy. However, in recent years, understanding of the pathophysiology and heterogeneity of melanoma, and particularly CM, has developed considerably. This has led to the approval of several new drug agents indicated for CM since 2011, namely Sylatron (peginterferon alfa-2b), Yervoy (ipilimumab), Opdivo, (nivolumab), Keytruda (pembrolizumab), Zelboraf (vemurafenib), Tafinlar (dabrafenib) and Mekinist (trametinib). These drugs have dramatically improved the treatment options for CM patients, leading to unprecedented market growth.
Rapid market growth is also anticipated over the forecast period due to the expanding melanoma treatment population and the continued uptake of recently approved drugs. The melanoma pipeline is currently strong, with several promising molecules in development including, Polynoma’s seviprotimut-L, Amgen’s talimogene laherparepvec (T-VEC) and Roche and Genentech’s cobimetinib in combination with Zelboraf, which are in development for CM, as well as AstraZeneca’s selumetinib which is in development for OM. Consequently, the melanoma therapeutics market is projected to grow from $1.3 billion in 2013 to $3.6 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 15.4%.
Download sample Copy of This Report at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/melanoma-therapeutics-market-to-2020-rising-prevalence-and-evolving-treatment-algorithms-to-drive-market-growth#tabs-4
The report analyzes treatment usage patterns, drug types available and pipeline and market forecasts across indications for melanoma.The report covers and includes –
– An introduction to the melanoma indication, including disease symptoms, epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, staging, diagnosis and treatment.
– In-depth analysis of the current melanoma marketed products landscape including product profiles of the main drugs used in melanoma and heat maps that compare safety and efficacy parameters of the various drugs.
– Comprehensive analysis of the melanoma pipeline by phase of development, molecule type, molecular target and novelty. A comparative analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market in the forecast period is also provided alongside heat maps.
– Additional in-depth analysis of melanoma clinical trials by size, duration, failure rates and primary and secondary endpoints.
– Multi-scenario forecast data for the market to 2020, taking into account how it will be affected by the introduction of new drugs and changes in disease epidemiology across the key developed markets, the US, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Japan.
– Discussion of the licensing and co-development strategic consolidations landscape in melanoma, by Phase of development and molecule type, as well as an analysis of both licensing and co-development deals by year, and network maps of licensing and co-development deals.
Reasons to buy
The report will assist business development and enable marketing executives to strategize their product launches, by allowing them to
– Gain a comprehensive understanding of the melanoma indication including segmentation of disease and treatment algorithms.
– Understand the current melanoma marketed products landscape and recognize the dominant therapeutic agents and pharmaceutical players involved.
– Identify trends and developments within the melanoma pipeline including which molecule types and molecular targets are prominent.
– Consider market opportunities and potential risks by examining trends in melanoma clinical trial duration and size, as well as clinical trial failure rates, amongst clinical trial Phases and molecule types.
– Assess the potential clinical and commercial impact of current late-stage pipeline molecules on the melanoma therapeutics market.
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For More Information, Visit Radiant Insights
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Blog URL: http://www.radiantinsightsinc.blogspot.com