The North America calcium carbonate market is expected to reach USD 9.19 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand in various end-use industries such as paper, building, and construction, plastic, etc. is expected to support the demand for calcium carbonate in upcoming years. Further, growth of manufacturing and construction sectors in Asia Pacific and the Middle East is supposed to boost the product demand.
The industrial filler is expected to emerge as the largest as well as fastest growing application segment. The demand is likely to increase further owing to diversified application base of calcium carbonate as fillers in various end-use industries. Another application segment is likely to emerge as the second largest application segment.
Papers coated with calcium carbonate may create problems during production, as adhesives do not stay on these papers. Excessive calcium carbonate consumption through food supplements is harmful to human health. These factors are likely to hinder the market growth. Issues regarding limestone mining are expected to pose a major challenge to manufacturers.
Industry rivalry is supposed to be high as market participants focus on process innovation to develop new products that will satisfy the demand of already existing large application base. Key market players owing to their global presence are expected to account for over 35% of global demand. Market participants have focused on establishing on-site production facilities mainly to supply high quality precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) to paper mills. New product innovation to play a key role.
Browse full research report on North America Calcium Carbonate Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/north-america-calcium-carbonate-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Paper segment of calcium carbonate industrial fillers is the largest & fastest growing segment.Its demand was 6,700.2 kilo tons in 2015
- Mexico calcium carbonate demand to grow at an estimated CAGR of 4.9% from 2016 to 2025
- Citric acid production will also foresee growth prospects to reach a market valuation of USD 1,095.9 million by 2025
- Presence of key market players and limestone quarries are likely to support the market growth for the calcium carbonate industry in the U.S.
- Changing lifestyle and growing industrialization are expected to drive the Canadian market
- Key market players include Imerys Pigments, Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals, Omya, and Mineral Technologies, Inc., etc.
Grand View Research has segmented the North America calcium carbonate market on the basis of application and region:
North America Calcium Carbonate Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Industrial Fillers
- Adhesive, Caulk and Sealant
- Joint Compound
- Asphalt Sealers
- Fiber Cement
- Carpet Backing
- Animal Feed
- Water Treatment
- Citric Acid Production
North America Calcium Carbonate Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com