The orthodontic consumables market is expected to reach USD 5.4 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The orthodontic consumables market constitutes an important part of the dental supplies industry and is expected to witness significant growth in the forecast period. As demand for maintaining a salubrious oral health and dental hygiene is becoming an increasingly important aspect globally, the demand for orthodontic procedures is gaining significant momentum. The market is witnessing notable growth owing to factors such as high prevalence of malocclusion, one of the most prevalent dental conditions worldwide; increasing use of dental services by the aging population; and growing demand for cosmetic dentistry procedures. However, factors such as low access to oral health care in developing countries and the lack of access to oral healthcare facilities in rural areas are anticipated to restrain the growth. Segmentation of the orthodontic consumable market has been provided at the end of this document.
The brackets segment is estimated to lead the market because of its widespread use in fixed orthodontics, which has gained popularity, and this has resulted in tremendous overall growth of this segment. Self-ligating bracket segment is also anticipated to grow at a healthy CAGR in the forecast period because of its increased treatment efficiency.
Another extremely important factor is “evolution.” As food habits are changing, the requirement for large bulky jaws is receding, which has led to smaller jaws in humans, and lack of space for 32 teeth in smaller jaw results in malocclusion. This is indirectly driving the orthodontic consumables market
Browse full research report on Global Orthodontic Consumables Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/orthodontic-consumables-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- North America is estimated to account for the highest share in 2015, followed by Europe. Growth in North America is recognized to be from factors such as an increase in U.S. population, mainly the geriatric segment, significant technological advances in dentistry, and the increasing insurance coverage by third-party providers.
- Self-ligating bracket is expected to command the highest share as it does not require external ligature or elastic to hold the archwire in position. This is expected to fuel growth of the brackets segment, which is anticipated to grow at a healthy CAGR in the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth pertaining to factors such as dense population in the region, an increasing trend of malocclusion, and the gradual advent of dental practice in the region.
- Some major players leading the industry are 3M Unitek; DB Orthodontics; Align Technology, Inc.; G&H Orthodontics; Rocky Mountain Orthodontics; Henry Schein, Inc.; American Orthodontics, Danaher Corporation, and DENTSPLY International.
- Invisalign aligners is an upcoming subsegment in orthodontics. As more and more people are becoming appearance conscious, the demand for these invisible customized aligners is on the rise
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the orthodontic consumables market on the basis of product and region:
Orthodontic Consumables Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Anchorage Appliances
- Buccal Tubes
- Elastomeric Ligatures
- Wire Ligatures
- Aesthetic Brackets
- Self-ligating Brackets
- Metal Brackets
- Cosmetic Brackets
- Beta Titanium Archwire
- Nickel Titanium Archwire
- Stainless Steel Archwire
Orthodontic Consumables Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Middle East
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-orthodontic-consumables-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc