The global photomedicine devices and technologies market was valued at USD 314.9 million in 2015 and is expected to reach a value of USD 470.8 million by 2024. Growing demand for minimally invasive aesthetic procedures is a key contributing factor toward the flourishing market growth. Rising concern amongst the youth regarding their physical and aesthetic appearance is a crucial factor responsible for this growth.
Moreover, benefits associated with the use of laser surgery, such as less recovery time, painless procedure, cost efficiency, and shorter length of hospital stay, are the factors expected to fuel the demand for minimally invasive aesthetic surgeries over the forecast period.
According to the report published by the American society of plastic surgeons, the total number of minimally invasive cosmetic procedures was 13,945,388 in 2014 and is expected to grow by 4% every year. Whereas, the number of procedures in the UK was 50,122 in 2013, which represents a growth of 17% as compared to the previous year. This represents the emergence of the laser-based cosmetic procedures, which in turn is expected to continue boosting the demand for photomedicine devices in the coming years.
In addition, higher adoption of laser surgery in vision correction, body contouring, and in cancer treatment are anticipated to drive the sector growth over the forecast period.
Browse full research report on Global Photomedicine Devices And Technologies Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/photomedicine-devices-technologies-market
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Oncology segment is expected to show lucrative growth in the near future due to the increasing global cancer incidence and government funding related to cancer research. In addition, the introduction of various photomedicine technologies in cancer treatment such as photodynamic therapy (PDT), immuno PDT, and fluorescence-guided surgery are anticipated to boost the usage rates in the coming years
- Dichroic lamps are expected to gain popularity in the next 7 years due to their increasing medical application, such as their use in illuminating the organs during endoscopy. On the other hand, laser surgery is anticipated to show substantial growth during the forecast period due to its increasing adoption by healthcare professionals and the growing awareness levels amongst the end users regarding the merits of laser use in surgeries
- For instance, miniature lasers and light emitting diodes, made up of biocompatible materials are used in optical sensing & therapy. Furthermore, the evolution of optogenetics has led to the development of highly efficient photonic devices with better level of integration achieved through neurological circuits thus enabling enhanced optical communication, which offer health monitoring and light activated in vivo therapies for disease treatment
- Asia Pacific photomedicine devices market is anticipated to show lucrative growth during the forecast period. Increasing demand for minimally invasive aesthetic procedures, soaring geriatric population, ongoing cancer research, and the increasing healthcare spending are contributing toward the highest regional growth
- The photomedicine devices market is oligopolistic in nature and is dominated by players such as Colorado Skin & Vein, THOR Photomedicine Ltd., Lumenis, QBMI Photomedicine, Alma Lasers Ltd., AngioDynamics, and PhotoMedex, Inc. Market players are focusing on strategies such as updating current products, product launches, acquisitions, and distribution agreements
- For example, in May 2014, Spectranetics announced the acquisition of AngioScore, Inc., for USD 230 million. This acquisition led to the expansion of the sales & distribution network of the company and the expansion of the company’s addressable market
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the photomedicine devices market by application, technology, and region:
Global Photomedicine Devices Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Tattoo removal
- Hair removal
- Skin resurfacing
- Wound Healing
- Pain Management
- Optical Diagnostics
- Dental Procedures
Global Photomedicine Devices Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Polychromatic Polarized Light
- Full Spectrum Light
- Dichroic Lamps
- Light emitting diodes
Photomedicine Devices Market Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-photomedicine-devices-technologies-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc