Global protein labeling market is anticipated to reach USD 2,602.0 million by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc.Growing adoption of bioengineering technologies and rise in spending on R&D leading to a reduction in process complexity for protein labeling is expected to drive market growth.
Anticipatedlaunch & commercialization of novel products and ongoing improvement in techniques used for proteomic research is expected to further reinforce growth in demand. Improvements in accuracy, resolution and procedures used in techniques such as fluorescence&biorthogonaltagging are estimated to grow over the forecast period.
Ongoing development of genetic sequencing methodologies and consequent reduction in the cost of genome profiling is likely to drive demand for the next step of genetic analysis, i.e., protein expression analysis. Growth in a number of such protein profiling studies is expected to directly fuel demand for genomic and proteomic labeling techniques through to 2024.
Browse full research report on Global Protein Labeling Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/protein-labeling-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The reagents used for protein labeling accounted for the largest share of revenue in 2015. The larger share can be accounted for by the presence of high demand for labeling of peptides, antibodies and proteins at reaction locations of functional amino acids, and development of novel reagents that have chemo selective capabilities & amino acid cross linking abilities.
- Application of protein labeling in immunological techniques was observed to be responsible for generation of the largest share of revenue in 2015. Addition of nanoparticle-based tagging owing to ongoing R&D in emerged with the advent of nanoparticles and nanotechnology. Furthermore, aptamers-mediated nanoparticle-based peptide labeling method is gaining rapid acceptance for use in intracellular imaging and dynamic process tracking.
- Dye-based or fluorescence-based protein labeling have been observed to demonstrate high market adoption owing to associated usage in assays like ELISA, western blotting. Ongoing increase in the number of genetics-based R&D projects are also expected to boost market demand.
- On the basis of the experimental design, the market can be broadly categorized as in-vitro and in-vivo methodologies. A more minute analysis reveals that a further segment wise classification is also possible. Key segments from the sub-categorization are enzymatic &photo reactive tagging for the segments respectively. As enzymatic marking provides more flexibility of and has application in identification for a number of peptide profiling requirements, the segment is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period.
- North America accounted for over 45%of total revenue generated for 2015 owing to the presence of a very large installed base of genetic and proteomic profiling platforms across the U.S. High market usage of peptide identification techniques to be used in sequencing and expression analysis projects in a number of academic and clinical research institutes is another key factor responsible for the region’s large share.
- Key players operating in this industry include Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., General Electric Healthcare Life Science, PerkinElmer Inc, Merck Millipore, Promega Corporation, LI-COR Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, New England Biolabs, Eurogentec S.A., Kirkegaard & Perry Laboratories (KPL).
Read detailed report or request for sample of this research report:
Grand View Research has segmented the global protein labeling market on the basis of product, application, method and region:
Global Protein Labeling Outlook, by Product (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Probes/ tags
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Other reagents
Global Protein Labeling Outlook, by Application (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Cell based-assay
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Immunological techniques
- Mass spectrometry
- Protein micro assay
Global Protein Labeling Outlook, by Labeling Method (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- In vitro
- Enzymatic labeling
- Dye based labeling
- Co translational labeling
- Site specific labeling
- Nano particle labeling
- In vivo
- Photo reactive labeling
- Radioactive labeling
Protein Labeling Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/biotechnology
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc