Pharma report: “Frontier Pharma: Psoriasis – Identifying and Commercializing First-in-Class Innovation”, which identifies and assesses first-in-class innovation in the psoriasis development pipeline.
Over the last decade, a greater understanding of the underlying pathophysiology of psoriasis has increased emphasis on developing immuneomodulating therapies, as opposed to largely symptomatic treatments. This is currently reflected in a competitive market dominated by multiple disease-modifying biologic therapies (inhibitors of TNF-a and IL-12/IL-23) and generic small-molecule therapies. Despite this, there are significant unmet needs in the market, including safety concerns regarding immunomodulation. This is a particularly important issue for the long-term commercial and clinical success of psoriatic therapeutics, especially for emerging biologics. Another unmet need is ease of drug application, as biologic drug delivery is invasive and painful.
This allows for pipeline programs that offer a more refined approach to immunomodulation and ease of drug application to gain market share upon entry. In a pipeline of over 200 programs, approximately one third exhibits a novel mechanism of action. Innovative programs target a wide range of molecules implicated in immune signaling, such as cytokines and B and T cell antigens. Several promising first-in-class therapies can selectively modulate specific subsets of immune cells without compromising the entire immune system. In particular, biologics that target a subset of T cells, which are strongly implicated in autoimmune pathophysiology, could allow for specificity of immune suppression and thereby reduce adverse side effects. Based on clinical trials, IL-17-targeted therapies have demonstrated superiority over currently established therapies in achieving advanced clinical endpoints. Other agents which activate regulatory arms of the immune system have also shown promising clinical profiles. In addition, innovative programs that target molecules have only recently gained recognition of their therapeutic value in the treatment of psoriasis, including novel angiogenic proteins, signaling transduction proteins and novel nuclear receptors. Despite their recent implication in disease pathophysiology, many of these agents have also demonstrated clinical utility in the treatment of psoriasis and are likely to contribute to a diversified therapeutic landscape.
Download sample Copy of This Report at: www.radiantinsights.com/research/frontier-pharma-psoriasis-identifying-and-commercializing-first-in-class-innovation#tabs-4
– A brief introduction to psoriasis, including symptoms, pathophysiology, and overview of pharmacotherapy
– The changing molecular target landscape between market and pipeline and particular focal points of innovation
– Overview of how innovative products are contributing to the pipeline and market for psoriasis
– Comprehensive review of the pipeline for first-in-class therapies, analyzed on the basis of phase distribution, molecule type, molecular target, and administration route
– Identification and assessment of first-in-class molecular targets with a particular focus on early-stage programs of which clinical utility has yet to be evaluated, as well as literature reviews on novel molecular targets
– Assessment of the licensing and co-development deals for psoriasis therapies
Reasons to buy
– Understanding of the focal shifts in molecular targets in the psoriasis pipeline
– Understanding of the distribution of pipeline programs by phase of development, molecule type and molecular target
– Scientific and clinical analysis of first-in-class developmental programs
– Assessment of the valuations of licensed and co-developed psoriasis treatments
– A list of the first-in-class therapies potentially open to deal-making opportunities.
– Analysis of financial valuations on licensed or co-developed first-in-class therapies and generics
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For More Information, Visit Radiant Insights
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Blog URL: http://www.radiantinsightsinc.blogspot.com