The global smartphone screen protector market is expected to reach USD 56.51 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for the product in premium devices such as iPhone 6, iPhone 6s and Samsung Galaxy Note series is expected to drive industry growth. In addition, repurchase of the screen protectors during the product life is expected to bolster demand.
Increasing smartphone sales primarily in the developing economies such as India and China are driven by improving spending abilities of the consumers is expected to drive industry growth. In addition, increasing demand for smartphones manufactured by Chinese vendors such as Xiaomi Inc. and Oppo Electronics Corp is expected to drive the product growth. Furthermore, the emergence of low-cost screen protector manufacturers, particularly in Asia Pacific is expected to drive the demand over the projected period.
Tempered glass emerged as the most prominent material used in manufacturing the product owing to superior risk mitigation properties. Also, the market is expected to witness increased internal substitution with consumers exhibiting high affinity towards the tempered glass screen protectors. Furthermore, superior adhesive characteristics coupled with declining prices of tempered glass screen protectors is expected to drive the demand for such screen protectors over the forecast period.
Browse full research report on Global Smartphone Screen Protector Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smartphone-screen-protector-market
Further key findings from the report suggest
- PET segment is expected to witness decline at a rate of over (6.1%) over the forecast period. Increasing rejection of the PET products owing to limited screen protection coupled with easy discoloration is expected to drive the growth over the next eight years.
- The >USD 700 application segment demand is anticipated to increase to over 475 million units by 2024 owing to growing demand for premium smartphones over the forecast period. In addition, rising concerns regarding the safety of high price smartphones are expected to drive the product growth.
- U.S. is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6.9% from 2016 to 2024 owing to increasing adoption of premium technology high price smartphones. Also, increasing demand for protective smartphone accessories coupled with high disposable income of the consumers is expected to translate into increased growth over the forecast period.
- Key participants include Belkin International Inc., Bodyguardz, intelliArmor, Zagg Inc., Free S Speed International Co. Ltd, Jiizii Glass, Clarivue, FeYong Digital Technology Limited. Corning Inc., and AZ Infolink Pvt. Ltd.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/paints-coatings-and-printing-inks
Grand View Research has segmented the global smartphone screen protector market on the basis of material, application and region:
Material Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Tempered glass
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU)
Application Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- <USD 175
- USD 175-250
- USD 250-450
- USD 450-550
- USD 550-700
- >USD 700
Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-smartphone-screen-protector-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc