The Global Meat Substitute Market is expected to reach USD 5810.1 million by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising health awareness coupled with shifting dietary preferences towards vegan diet is expected to drive the global meat substitutes market. Recent animal disease outbreaks and growing prevalence of various lifestyle induced diseases such as obesity and diabetes are also expected to have a positive impact on the market growth. High price of various meat substitutes is expected to hinder the market growth. Increasing R&D initiatives to develop superior and cheaper products is expected to yield opportunities for market participants.
Soy emerged as the major raw material used for producing meat substitute products. Soy alone accounted for over 80% of total market revenue in 2014. Growing demand for nutritional food on account of growing health concerns is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period. Soy based meat substitutes is a good source of vitamin B, protein and Iron. Wheat is expected to be the fastest growing raw material use for producing meat substitutes. The segment is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 10.0% from 2015 to 2022.
Browse full research report on Global Meat Substitutes Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/meat-substitutes-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global meat substitute market was valued at USD 3,336.5 million in 2014 and is expected to reach USD 5,810.1 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2015 to 2022.
- Textured vegetable protein (TVP) emerged as the leading product segment and accounted for 43.7% of total market revenue in 2014. Increasing demand for soy based meat substitutes is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period. Seitan is expected to witness the highest growth of 9.8% from 2015 to 2022. Growing wheat gluten consumption in Asia Pacific is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period.
- Europe emerged as the leading regional market and accounted for 42.0% of total market revenue in 2014. Growing health concerns particularly in developed economies of Europe is expected to drive the regional market over the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth of 8.6% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing disposable income level particularly in India, China and Indonesia is expected to drive the regional market.
- Major industry participants have been taking strong initiatives to develop superior quality meat substitute products. Companies have been engaged in mergers & acquisitions and forging partnerships with those possessing R&D capabilities and having strong presence in the agro sector. Prominent industry participants include AMY’s Kitchen, Beyond Meat, Blue Chip Group, Cauldron Foods UK, garden Protein International Inc., Meatless B.V., Quorn Foods and Vbites Food Ltd.
Request for free sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/meat-substitutes-market/request
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the meat substitute market on the basis of raw material, product and region:
Global Meat Substitutes Raw Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2022)
Global Meat Substitutes Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2022)
- Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
- Other Soy Products
Global Meat Substitutes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East and Africa
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/ready-to-eat-processed-and-frozen-foods
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc