The global fingerprint access control market size is expected to reach USD 11.88 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Technological proliferation backed by increasing need for secure authentication and recognition of individuals across distinct end-use industries are the factors expected to impel fingerprint access control market growth over the forecast period. Moreover, declining prices of fingerprint technology has led to an overall increase in its global demand.
Favorable government initiatives and standards worldwide is expected to contribute to the industry growth over the forecast period. The governments across several countries have formed regulations governing the usage, gathering and disposal of biometric information by entities, however the affluence of these laws varies extensively over regions. For instance, in the U.S. state of Illinois with its Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act, 740 ILCS 14/1, et seq. and Texas with its Bus. & Com. Code Ann. § 503.001 strictly regulate the use, revelation, and the final destruction of biometric data by a private entity. The state of Illinois compels such entities to develop written policies describing their biometric data collection methods.
Use of fingerprint access control in government and commercial sector has contributed immensely to industry growth. Need for security is one of the key factors driving market demand. Multimodal biometrics based products have enticed popularity specifically in passport and e-IDs verification systems.
Browse full research report on Global Fingerprint Access Control Systems Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fingerprint-access-control-systems-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The optical product segment dominated the industry with overall revenue share of over 38% in 2015. Optical access control provides larger sensing area, better image quality, higher resolution, and robust operations. However, capacitive is a recent technology and is relatively cheaper than optical sensors. It can be embedded into smaller devices and are prone to dirt. Owing to these features the segment is expected to witness significant growth with a CAGR of nearly 18.0% over the forecast period.
- Commercial and government applications segment have high penetration rate and captured over 50% of the revenue share in 2015 to strengthen internal and external security. Government sector is among the early adopters of biometrics technologies such as fingerprint and iris scanning and currently represents the significant end-user of the technology.
- BFSI sector is anticipated to grow rapidly with the significant CAGR of over 21% from 2016 to 2024.Proliferation of mobile devices such as smartphones with fingerprint authentication capability has paved the way for mobile logon. Banks and other financial organizations now offer biometric login facility for their mobile banking apps to ensure the authorized transactions. Biometric modalities offer a secure way to authenticate user identity and shield against cybercrime.
- North America is estimated to be a major regional segment with over 34% of the overall revenue share in 2015. However, Asia Pacific and MEA are expected to grow at a considerable rate owing to the increasing penetration of smartphones and favorable government regulations. Increasing terror activities and crime rate globally have generated the need for added security and control measures. Technological advancements and government initiatives towards access control is expected to drive the industry growth over the next eight years.
- The key industry players in the fingerprint access control market include 3M Cogent, Anviz Global, Cross Match Technologies Inc., ViRDI Tech, Daon Inc., Entertech Systems, Hitachi Omron Terminal Solutions, IDtech 360, NEC Corporation of America, Lockheed Martin Corporation, SecuGen Corportaion, Safran Group, Suprema Inc., Merkatum Corporation, Fingerprint Cards AB (FPC), Diamond Fortress Technologies, Aware, Inc., and ZKTeco. Owing to increasing penetration across several end-use industries such as healthcare and consumer electronics, manufacturers are developing unique solutions to address the needs of varying applications such as identity verification or mobile health monitoring.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/emerging-and-next-generation-technologies
Grand View Research has segmented the global fingerprint access control market on the basis of product, application and region:
Fingerprint Access Control Product Outlook (USD Million, Thousand Units 2014 – 2024)
Fingerprint Access Control Application Outlook (USD Million, Thousand Units 2014 – 2024)
- Consumer Electronics
- Military & Defense
Fingerprint Access Control Regional Outlook (USD Million, Thousand Units 2014 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-fingerprint-access-control-systems-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc