Increasing demand for mobility and proliferation of mobile devices is expected to fuel the market over the next six years. Grand View Research also observes that the need to implement cloud computing services in an effective manner is expected to positively impact the industry on a global level.
By providing a software interface and easier management of network services, software defined network aids in establishment of efficient network infrastructure. Lack of standardization in implementation of SDN and difficulty in migration from legacy systems are expected to restrain market growth to a certain extent over the forecast period. The growing trend of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) in organizations is expected to serve as an opportunity for market participants.
For More Details, Click here: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/software-defined-networking-sdn-market-analysis-by-end-users-enterprises-cloud-service-providers-telecommunications-service-providers-by-solutions-sdn-switching-sdn-controllers-cloud-virtualization-applications-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Enterprises were the largest end user segment in 2013, and accounted for over 40% of the overall market share. Telecommunications service providers are expected to be the fastest growing end user segment, with an estimated CAGR of 45.6% from 2014 to 2020. In terms of SDN solutions, cloud virtualization applications are expected to be the largest and fastest growing segment; they accounted for over 30% of the overall market share in 2013.
- North America is expected to remain the largest market over the forecast period as a result of high penetration of mobile devices and need for enhanced network infrastructure in the region. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market, at an estimated CAGR of 47.7% from 2014 to 2020.
- The global SDN market consists of a large number of players vying to provide end-to-end solutions. Mergers and acquisitions to consolidate market share and offer hardware, software as well as services are frequent in the industry as key strategic initiatives. Major industry participants in the market include Cisco, IBM, VMware, HP, Alcatel-Lucent, NEC, and Juniper Networks among others.
For more Reports of This Category, Click here: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/technology-and-media
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the SDN market on the basis of end users, solutions, and region:
SDN End Users Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Cloud service providers
- Telecommunications service providers
SDN Solutions Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Cloud virtualization applications
SDN Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Executive Summary
1.1 Software Defined Networking (SDN) – Industry Summary & Critical Success Factors (CSFs)
Chapter 2 SDN Industry Outlook
2.1 Market Segmentation
2.2 Market Size and Growth Prospects
2.3 SDN Value Chain Analysis
2.3.1 Key Driver Analysis
184.108.40.206 Growing need for mobility
220.127.116.11 Proliferation of cloud services
18.104.22.168 Growing network complexity
2.3.2 Key Restraint Analysis
22.214.171.124 Lack of standardization
126.96.36.199 Security concerns
2.4 SDN Market Dynamics
2.5 Key Opportunities Prioritized
2.6 Industry Analysis – Porter’s
2.7 SDN – Key Participants Analysis
2.8 SDN – PESTEL Analysis
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, Visit: http://www.radiantinsights.com/
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras
Phone: (415) 349-0054
Address: 28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States