The U.S liquid sodium silicate market is expected to reach USD 657.9 million by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for the product as an adhesive in pulp and paper, and cement industry is expected to drive growth over the forecast period.
The U.S. liquid sodium silicate industry is expected highly competitive owing to the presence of several major manufacturers including PQ Corporation, OxyChem Corporation and PPG industries, with large production capacities. The majority of the manufacturers are involved in the captive consumption of the product to manufacture LSS derived products including precipitated silica, zeolite and silica gel in order to tap the rising consumer demand.
Increasing raw material prices coupled with high transportation costs associated with LSS is likely to hamper gross margins for the industry players. However, innovation in the manufacturing process to replace conventional raw materials with rice husk is expected to compel new players to enter into the market.
Browse full research report on U.S. Liquid Sodium Silicate Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-liquid-sodium-silicate-lss-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Paper & pulp was a key application segment for liquid sodium silicate and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 3% from 2016 to 2024. Growing demand for the product for binding corrugated board, angle boards, toilet tissues and paper napkins is expected to drive growth
- LSS A, which covers the SiO2/NO2O ratio ranging from 3.22 to 3.5, is the most prominent product segment for LSS. Rising demand for the product in acid-proof cement, adhesive formulations, coating formulations, coating roofing granules, engine coolants, drilling muds, and hardening concrete is likely to propel industry growth
- Abundant availability of the raw materials including soda ash, silica sand as well as rice husk in the Arkansas is expected to propel industry growth in the region
- Parameters such as raw material prices and ratio, operational cost, transportation cost are the three key factors which derives the value of final; liquid sodium silicate products
- PQ corporation dominated the U.S. liquid sodium silicate industry accounting over 35% of the overall market followed by Oxychem Corporation, which accounted for a share of over 20% in 2015
- The key players in the U.S. liquid sodium silicate industry include PQ Corporation, BASF, PPG Industries, W.R. Grace & Company, J.M. Huber Corporation, OxyChem Corporation.
Access research insight by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/research-insights/us-liquid-sodium-silicate-market-insights-size-share
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. liquid sodium silicate market on the basis of application and region:
U.S. Liquid Sodium Silicate Market Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- LSS A
- LSS B
- LSS C
U.S. Liquid Sodium Silicate Market Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Pulp & paper
- Food & healthcare
U.S. Liquid Sodium Silicate Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com